Since 1972, Jamie C. Kowalski, founder of Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting, LLC, has developed and utilized his specialization in healthcare and hospital supply chain management as an executive, entrepreneur, strategic advisor, thought leader, coach/mentor, consultant, and advocate.
Recently, he served as Vice President, Business Development for Owens & Minor, Inc., the largest healthcare industry distributor and supply chain management services company. Jamie worked with all company business units evaluating and enhancing current services, identifying and developing new services and strategic direction, establishing complementary business alliances, developing customer strategies and establishing new customer relationships. He held a similar position as Vice President, Strategy & Development for McKesson Provider Technologies - a business unit of Fortune 12 McKesson Corporation.
Prior to that, Jamie founded the firm Kowalski-Dickow Associates, Inc. (KDA) in 1980, an internationally recognized, leading hospital supply chain management specialty consulting firm, that served well over 1400 hospital/IDN clients. In 2002, KDA became a subsidiary of Aramark, the world’s largest international management services company. He served as the leader of its supply chain consulting and management services business unit.
His hospital management experience includes Director of Supply Chain Management and Assistant Vice President for Support Services in community and tertiary hospitals.
Jamie earned both his MBA and BS degrees in Business Administration at Marquette University, where he achieved membership in Beta Gamma Sigma for academic achievement.
Jamie’s knowledge of and experience in healthcare Supply Chain Management include: Planning; Strategy, Operations, Facility Design, Information Technology, Performance Measurement, Customer Service and Satisfaction, Self Contracting and Distributing models, Supply Expense Management and Reduction, Focus group discussion leader for suppliers and GPOs, Marketing planning for hospital supply manufacturers/distributors, and GPO’s.
He also has worked extensively with Surgery, In-Patient Care Services, Pharmacy and Revenue Cycle.
· “Primer; Applying the Principles of Supply Chain Management in the Healthcare Provider Sector” (2011) – author
· “Healthcare Supply Chain Management; Resource & Logistics Processes” (2010) – contributing author, team editor
· “Managing Hospital Materials Management” (1993) – lead author
· “Effective Healthcare Facilities Management” (1991) - contributing author
· “The Handbook of Health Care Materials Management” (1991) - contributing author
· “Materials Management Policy and Procedure Manual” (2nd Edition, 1990; first Edition - 1980) – sole author
· “Cost Containment in Hospitals” (1980) - contributing author
· Over 80 articles on healthcare Supply Chain Management
The Association of Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM) selected Jamie for the 2011 George R. Gossett Leadership Award; the organizations highest honor. He was the 29th recipient of this award in its 50 year history.
In October of 2017, The Bellwether League selected him for induction into its Hall of Fame for Supply Chain Leaders.
· American College of Healthcare Executives; Fellow (FACHE); 2011 Service Award winner
· Association for Healthcare Resource and Materials Management; Fellow (FAHRMM)
· American Association of Healthcare Consultants; Fellow (FAAHC)
· Healthcare Financial Management Association; Member
· Marquette University Center for Supply Chain Management; Member, Advisory Board
· Marquette University College of Business Alumni Association; Member, Board of Directors
· Arizona State University Consortium for Healthcare Supply Chain Management; Member, Board of Directors
· Purdue University School of Management, Michigan State College of Business and University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee College of Business; Guest Lecturer
Jamie is a Co-Founder and Board Chairman of The Bellwether League, Inc., the not-for-profit Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Leaders
In addition to presentations made for client organizations for their management and executive teams, Jamie C. Kowalski has been a frequent speaker at most major Healthcare conferences.
Venues for his presentations include:
International presentation venues include:
For answers to your questions or to connect for other reasons,send an email to email@example.com
October 16, 2017
RESULTS OF THE 2018 SURVEY OF HEALTHCARE CONSOLIDATED SERVICE CENTER OPERATOR EXECUTIVES ARE AVAILABLE.
The Survey was co-authored and produced by Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting, LLC and PerformanSC of Dublin, Ireland, and sponsored by Tecsys.
BELLWETHER LEAGUE, INC. (BLI) HEALTHCARE SUPPLY CHAIN HALL OF FAME 12th ANNIVERSARY and 2019 ANNUAL INDUCTION DINNER EVENT; OCTOBER 1, 2019 - CHICAGO
Jamie C. Kowalski is Co-Founder, Founding Board Chairman and current Board Member of the Bellwether League, Inc., the not-for-profit Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Executives. BLI inducted its 12th Bellwether Class at the Annual Dinner on For more information, go to www.bellwetherleague.org/